For a while now, I’ve wanted to make a little bag out of bleach discharged velvet. I’ve had the handbag frame for over a year, and I’ve had the velvet from yesterday’s post even longer than that. But I just never came across a pattern I wanted to use, and couldn’t motivate myself to draw my own (lazy, I know!). Last night I finally realized that this bag would never happen if I didn’t take a little initiative, so I quickly sketched out a shape onto my lining fabric and took it from there. The directions that follow are not precise, but will give you some idea of what’s involved in the process. If I make another bag with a sew-in frame, I will probably make it a lot larger so I can gather it into the frame. This will not only make it easier to get things in and out of the bag, but will reduce the need for precision in fitting the fabric to the frame. I think I’ll also add some fringe or rhinestones for embellishment. The frame I used has loops for a chain, so now I’m on the lookout for something I like.